Vice President Engineering Eagle Eye VMS
About Eagle Eye Networks
Eagle Eye Networks is the world’s #1 cloud-based video surveillance company. The Eagle Eye Cloud VMS has been purpose-built for the cloud and provides unsurpassed security, redundancy and reliability while allowing partners and customers to use a wide variety of IP, analog and HD over coax surveillance cameras. Eagle Eye’s Cloud is ideal for end-users and resellers requiring access to live, recorded or event-based video across multiple locations. The Eagle Eye Cloud VMS has strong, public APIs for the secure integration of third-party systems.
Eagle Eye Networks Engineering
At Eagle Eye Networks, the engineering domain ranges from IoT devices, massively scalable data services, web and mobile frontends, to AI and ML development. Eagle Eye Networks is a complete platform, providing hardware and software solutions for the video surveillance industry worldwide. We are storing and analyzing more commercial video surveillance than anyone in the world.
Being a cloud services company with a global footprint (11 data center locations) presents a unique set of engineering challenges. Using our own purpose-built cloud and microservices architecture, we provide instant and secure access to massive amounts of video surveillance data while streaming and analyzing it continuously from cameras in over 11 countries.
If this sounds exciting to you, come join our team!
- Responsible for building a high-performance organization that delivers high-quality product while delivering on-time sprint releases.
- Foster a culture of innovation and promote engineering best practices across teams and locations while ensuring that the correct process is in place and followed.
- Set clear expectations and vision for the global engineering organization setting and tracking goals and by soliciting, synthesizing, and delivering feedback to team members.
- Drive accountability with clear goals and objectives. Evaluate, evolve, and scale the team practices within your first 6 months.
- Lead meetings about feature and product architecture.
- Be the technical thought leader and effectively convey technical strategy to executive and board-level team members.
- Participate in the strategy used to recruit high performing engineers and partner closely with HR on strategies to retain them.
- Partner with the Product Management team to ensure objectives align and the engineering team can effectively deliver.
- Lead daily scrum stand-ups.
- 10+ years’ of previous engineering leadership experience as a VP or similar role of equivalent competency in a large SaaS or software technology company, ideally in the security space.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred.
- Experience building and running Global teams with a consistent track record of promoting and developing team members.
- Deep knowledge of a variety of different technical stacks and a strong knowledge of networking technologies, systems architecture, programming, and design/implementation of multi-tenant.
- Strong ability to convey ideas convincingly and to influence without authority, particularly around communicating critical technical challenges to non-technical business members to ensure alignment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Project Manager – 5+ years
- Git experience – 2+ years
- JIRA experience – 3+ years
- Technical writing experience – 2+ years
- Sprint Master Experience – 3+ years
- An understanding of REST APIs
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.