Full Stack Engineer
Eagle Eye Networks Engineering has a truly unique opportunity for well-rounded engineers. Sure, call it a Full Stack position, however the Eagle Eye Networks’ technology stack extends beyond the usual frontend/backend developer definitions.
So what’s unique? As a developer, imagine part of your responsibilities being able to build new systems and services from the ground up, from scratch, having real opportunities to create instead of trying to find creativity in maintaining existing systems. Do you have experience building web applications that rely heavily on web sockets? We are building microservices atop a large scale worldwide streaming architecture. If you want to know more or have experience in this area, you might be a great fit for our team
About Eagle Eye Networks:
Eagle Eye Networks is a cloud-based video management company. The Eagle Eye Security Camera VMS has been purpose built for the cloud and provides unsurpassed security, redundancy and reliability while allowing partners and customers the use of a wide variety of IP and analog cameras. Eagle Eye’s cloud is ideal for end-users and resellers requiring single sign-on access to live, recorded or event based video across multiple locations. The Eagle Eye VMS has strong APIs for the secure integration of third party systems.
Eagle Eye Networks Engineering:
At Eagle Eye Networks, the engineering domain ranges from IoT devices, massively scalable data services, web and mobile frontends, to AI and ML development. Eagle Eye Networks is a complete platform, providing hardware and software solutions for the video surveillance industry worldwide. We are storing and analyzing more commercial video surveillance than anyone in the world.
Being a cloud services company with a global footprint (11 data center locations) presents a unique set of engineering challenges. Using our own purpose-built cloud and microservices architecture, we provide instant and secure access to massive amounts of video surveillance data while streaming and analyzing it continuously from cameras in over 11 countries.
If this sounds exciting to you, come join our team!
- Maintain the Eagle Eye Video API, a core architecture component that is integral to the Eagle Eye Networks Cloud Video Web Application and our integration partners. Our API is responsible for managing and orchestrating massive amounts of streaming data.
- Keep pace with with a rapid scaling business by continually monitoring performance and driving optimizations into the platform.
- Design and develop new API capabilities to support cutting video surveillance features.
- Build and maintain external single page web application and internal web service interfaces.
- Build modular web components that can be integrated with our Cloud VMS web application.
- Quickly prototype new web application features.
- Continually improve our frontend build process.
- Operate and improve upon the current SaaS/Cloud platform using Kubernetes and Docker containers on bare-metal across co-located data centers around the world. Must be able to manage large scale deployments and services in our data centers.
- Design and develop microservices from the ground up using Docker containers, taking ownership of projects from inception to release.
- Create rapid prototypes and documentation.
- Build for scale.
- Create and maintain the metric driven environment.
- Use log aggregation to paint a story and understand system behavior.
- Log performance on API endpoints and optimize for speed and efficiency.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Python experience – 5+ years
- Rest APIs, Git, JIRA – 2+ years
- Web Services, Flask, Django – 2+ years
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP
- Docker, Kubernetes, virtualization experience is a plus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.