Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Eagle Eye Networks is seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help us be the most stable and reliable cloud video surveillance platform in the world. Use logs, metrics, automation tools, and more to take ownership of and improve uptime. As part of the Infrastructure Team, you will help build and support the state of the art cloud platform at the core of Eagle Eye Networks’ Video Management System.
About Eagle Eye Networks:
Eagle Eye Networks is a cloud-based video management company. The Eagle Eye Security Camera VMS has been purpose-built for the cloud and provides unsurpassed security, redundancy, and reliability while allowing partners and customers the use of a wide variety of IP and analog cameras. Eagle Eye’s cloud is ideal for end-users and resellers requiring single sign-on access to live, recorded or event-based video across multiple locations. The Eagle Eye VMS has strong APIs for the secure integration of third-party systems.
Eagle Eye Networks Engineering:
At Eagle Eye Networks, the engineering domain ranges from IoT devices, massively scalable data services, web and mobile frontends, to AI and ML development. Eagle Eye Networks is a complete platform, providing hardware and software solutions for the video surveillance industry worldwide. We are storing and analyzing more commercial video surveillance than anyone in the world.
Being a cloud services company with a global footprint (11 data center locations) presents a unique set of engineering challenges. Using our own purpose-built cloud and microservices architecture, we provide instant and secure access to massive amounts of video surveillance data while streaming and analyzing it continuously from cameras in over 11 countries.
If this sounds exciting to you, come join our team!
- Monitor everything and make it self-healing
- Ensure that monitoring is working properly and efficiently for all systems
- Define and respond to alerts for a wide variety of applications and services
- Contribute to tooling for automatic remediation of known problems
- Test and verify redundancy and recoverability at all levels
- Build a world-class Cloud platform
- Help build and scale a global Kubernetes infrastructure on bare-metal
- Ensure top-tier security at all levels of the stack
- Maintain performance and reliability for multiple types of databases including Postgresql, Cassandra, Redis, and Etcd
- Be an important part of the Infrastructure Team
- Triage and resolve hardware and software issues as they arise
- Create new tools to make everything better, faster, stronger
- Work directly with Engineering leaders to solve complex problems
- Take part in an on-call rotation for critical events
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Linux – 3+ years
- Monitoring Systems – 3+ years
- Relational database administration – 1+ years
- Bash, Python, or Golang scripting – 1+ years
- Experience with large-scale distributed or microservices infrastructure
- Docker, Kubernetes, and/or other container orchestration systems is a plus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.